Conditions for Application and Documents Required:
1. Applications should be made at http://registration.boun.edu.tr/BUIS/BUISAPPS/GradApplication.aspx during the general postgraduate application period at Boğaziçi University. Quotas and conditions for acceptance will be announced during the application periods. This information can be reached via the Boğaziçi University website (http://adaylar.boun.edu.tr/en-EN/Home)
2. Two letters of recommendation. The people recommending you should write their references on the special forms prepared by the Department. These can be obtained from the Department or downloaded from our Document-Formpage.
3. An Application Form, which can be obtained from the Department or downloaded from our Document-Form page.
4. Certified photocopies of your undergraduate and Masters diplomas, or letters certifying that you have graduated.
5. Official transcripst of undergraduate and graduate education.
6. Bank receipt showing payment of the application fee.
7. Evidence of proficiency in English (a minimum score of 550 + TWE 4,5 on the paper-based TOEFL or a minimum score of 213 + TWE 4,5 on the computer-based TOEFL or aminimum score of 79 + TWE 24 on the internet-based TOEFL, or an overall score of 7 in ELTS). Applicants who have not taken these tests will be required to take the English Proficiency Exam BUEPT given by Boğaziçi's School of Foreign Languages (YADYOK in Turkish) . Minimum score required in BUEPT is 60. Those who have taken the TOEFL and received the acceptable minimum general score but have failed in the Writing section may also apply to take YADYOK TWE by presenting their TOEFL score report at the YADYOK Student Office before the BUEPT. Those who receive a passing grade in the YADYOK TWE are considered proficient in English. The scores of these exams are valid for two years. Grade certificates for TOEFL or ELTS should be authorized by YADYOK.
8. GRE or GMAT score sheet (A minimum quantitative score of 149 in GRE or an overall score of 450 in GMAT).
9. The final graduation grade point average you attained in your MA should be at leat 3 out of 4.
10. Applicants must write a detailed “Statement of Purpose” explaining why they want to study for a Ph.D in the field of Translation Studies and indicating the subjects they would like to work on.
11. Applicants must submit a copy of their MA thesis to the Office of the Registrar together with the other application documents.
12. In order to be accepted to the program, applicants must pass written and oral entrance examinations.
13. For these examinations applicants are expected to read the reading pack consisting of the texts listed below. During the application period, you will be able to obtain this set of materials from a photocopier's in the vicinity of the university. The date, time and location of the entrance examinatons will be announced on the University's website during the application period.
14. Fluency in Turkish is required.